Monday, June 28, 2010

Naps

So now that we have the sleeping-at-night thing down we're moving on to getting the naps under control. Right now Jackson must sleep in my arms during the day to get any sort of nap. I know, shoot me. But I love the snuggling and feel like it will only be a short while before he's too big to cuddle with me (or just doesn't want to anymore). I'm also going back to work on July 19th, which means no more napping in mommy's arms. He'll be with Ryan for 2 1/2 weeks until school starts and then with Grandma part-time and our friend Haley the other part. I'm pretty sure that they don't have the time/desire to sit while Jackson naps for an hour-and-a-half three times per day. Which leads me to our current situation. Jackson likes to nap and he naps frequently. My problem is getting him to stay asleep when I put him down in his crib. Right now I'll have him nap for an hour with me and then put him in his crib for the rest of the time. Problem is he wakes up after 15 minutes of being in the crib. Every time. I know he needs sleep so I usually end up giving in and returning him to my arms. I'm worried about what's going to happen when I go back to work though. Will he sleep at all? Any suggestions for getting him to sleep in his crib?

2 comments:

Miss Mac said...

What an adorable picture! And I just LOVE the name Jackson!

Jack & Lucy said...

Thanks so much! Too bad he still has to sleep in a swaddle (at 5 1/2 months!). :)

Post a Comment