Monday, June 21, 2010

Frugalista Shopping Find: Diapers

One of my absolute favorite things to do is spend save money. It's definitely a huge thrill to get all the stuff you want for a fraction of the price. I've learned to shop frugally partially out of necessity and partly because it's just good, clean fun. I have to credit my mom for teaching me the tricks of the trade. From the time we were walking my sisters and Iwere taught the ways to get the most bang for your buck. Garage sales, thrift shops, consignment stores, and the holy grail of all frugalista-dom, Last Chance. Oh Last Chance, how I love you. Anyways, back to what I was saying. I love to save money as much as I like to spend it. Now that Jackson has arrived my new favorite thing is saving money on the stuff he needs most- namely diapers, and lots of 'em. So I learned a new trick for paying as little as possible for them. I LOVE Target to the exclusion of almost every other store, so pretty much everything I buy is from there. Well they have some nifty little "web" coupons on their website (go to http://coupons.target.com/ ) that you can "stack" with a manufacturer's coupon to basically save double. So today I used a $2.00 of Pampers coupon for diapers, combined with a $2.00 off Target coupon if you bought Pampers and wipes. I also used a $1 off manufacturers coupon for the wipes and voila, the diapers were down to $6 and the wipes were $0.37! Man I love a good deal! I also stacked a $1 off manufacturer's coupon for any Johnson and Johnson baby product with a Target coupon for $0.75 off any Johnson and Johnson to save a total of $1.75. I find most of my manufacturer's coupons in the Sunday newspaper and sometimes off of http://www.coupons.com/. I either print my Target coupons directly from their website or get them in the mail (they come to people who register with them). Also, CVS is having a  great deal on the big boxes of Huggies diapers this week. Each box is $19.99, plus you get 10 Extra Care Bucks (basically a gift card). You can use a $3 off Huggies coupon from http://www.coupons.com/ to get the big box down to $6 total! And if you're really lucky you might get an additional $3 off if you swipe your CVS card at their coupon printer in stores, which would bring them down to $3 a box! Don't you just love great deals?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment