Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ryan's weekly healthy living tip

"If you fail to plan you plan to fail."

I'm sure we've all heard this saying before. When it comes to our health and fitness, it couldn't be a truer statement. There are two things I have to do each week. Plan my meals and schedule my workouts. I pretty much know exactly what I'm going to eat for each meal (including snacks) a week in advance. Christy and I usually plan our dinners for the week on Saturday morning and then we do our grocery shopping for the week. Sunday night I make a batch of homemade soup for lunches for the upcoming week and put them in tupperware bowls so they are ready to go. Each night before bed I make my sandwich for the next day and get my lunch and snacks ready. I also make a batch of trail mix  (30 days worth) for my afternoon snack and put them in individual baggies. I keep a couple of these in my car and a few at work. We also try to plan a couple of dinners that we can make and have for leftovers so we don't have to cook every night. We find recipes that are easy to follow and have a minimal amount of ingredients. (We've actually found quite a few really good and healthy recipes in our baby cookbook). I've found that it is much easier to eat healthy when I know exactly what I'm going to eat and to get things ready ahead of time. We also get Pizza or In n Out on Fridays as a reward for making it through the week.
I'll talk more next time about working out and some strategies I use. Here's to your health!  Ryan



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment