Top Ten Reasons to Use Cloth Diapers
1. Fewer diaper rashes: It's easier to monitor how wet your baby's diaper is with cloth diapers, which leads to more diaper changing, and less chance of your baby sitting in their own urine for a prolonged period of time.
2. Huge Money Savings: The average baby is in diapers for three years or more. Buying a set of cloth diapers is initially a large outlay of money (there are ways to save on this) but you never have to buy diapers again- saving you thousands of dollars! In fact the average family saves $2,500 per child when using cloth diapers instead of disposables.
3. Better for the Environment: Disposable diapers contribute millions and millions of tons of waste to landfills every year. Switching to cloth is a great way to help the environment.
4. Fewer Leaks: Cloth diapers are much less likely to leak, especially in those first few months of life when diaper blowouts are almost inevitable!
5. Cloth Diapers are Durable: You can generally use cloth diapers for more than one child, which leads to even more money savings.
6. Easy to Use: The cloth diapers of yesteryear were ugly, complicated, and messy. New styles of diapers are extremely simple to use and take care of!
7. Less Chemical Exposure: Did you know disposable diapers contain chemicals that actually increase your baby's risk of a diaper rash? Using cloth is just another way to cut down on your child's exposure to hazardous chemicals, especially in the formative early years.
8. Easier Toilet Training: Babies who are diapered in cloth are often easier to toilet train because they are more aware of when they are wet then when diapered in superabsorbent disposables.
9. Using Cloth Diapers Reduces the Risk of Your Child Developing Asthma: The chemical fumes emitted from disposable diapers have been linked to an increase of asthma symptoms in babies and young children.
10. With all of the new cloth options on the market using cloth diapers is now as easy as using disposables!