Saturday, February 6, 2010

Money Worries

Having a baby is expensive. Very expensive. Our hospital bill alone came to over $15,000 and thankfully my health insurance is covering a large chunk of it, but any out-of-pocket costs right now are very tough on our finances. A teacher's salary just doesn't cut it these days. Plus we have to buy Jackson's health insurance on our own because it's ridiculously expensive through our district. And they don't cover any sick baby visits! So if my anxiety wasn't extreme enough already, now I'm worrying about how much it's going to cost to take him to the doctor when he inevitably gets sick. What's the point of having insurance if they don't cover anything?! I am so envious of women who's husbands have jobs that can cover their children. Why can't anything in life be simple? One sick visit to the doctor is 1/4 of my paycheck and then there's the added costs of diapers, wipes, and all of the other baby-related items that are necessities. I would love to be like most people and not have to worry about this stuff. It's so hard to have faith that things will turn out ok when they usually don't when it comes to money. Someday I'd love to have a job where I can adequately provide for my child and give him the things he deserves in life. We'll see if that ever happens.

1 comments:

Sara White said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN! ISN'T IT CRAPPY AND STRESSFUL???? BUT.....THE GOOD THING IS....IT ALWAYS SEEMS TO WORK OUT IN THE END!

Post a Comment