Sunday, February 28, 2010

Difficulties

Sometimes it's helpful to be reminded that life isn't supposed to be easy. I think it's one of my biggest downfalls that I have so much envy in me sometimes. Envy of stay-at-home moms. Envy of families who don't have to worry about bills or paying for health insurance for their babies. Envy of people who's lives just seem flat-out easier than mine. But of course no one's life is easy and I'm only seeing the perfect parts. Instead of wishing that life were easier I think it's time to work on acceptance. I follow an amazing blog (http://www.kellehampton.com/) about an amazing mother named Kelle Hampton who recently gave birth to a beautiful little girl, who also has Down's. Her struggle to come to terms with the unexpected is beautifully written and illustrated with the most gorgeous photographs you'll ever see (which she takes herself). She recently posted the following quote from The Road Less Traveled-

" ...Life is Difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. Once we truly know that life is difficult--once we truly understand and accept it--then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters."

This is something I need to work hard on accepting. Life will be easier when I realize life isn't meant to be easy and that I can do this, even if it will be difficult. Going back to work is going to be hell. But I will make it through and Jackson will survive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment