Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Breastfeeding HELL

When I was pregnant I was adamant that I was going to breastfeed as long as possible. I've always been a huge proponent of breastmilk and I know that "breast is best." Well it also SUCKS! First we had thrush. When that finally cleared up I started to get an oversupply of milk. Seriously?! Who has too MUCH milk? So now Jackson screams bloody murder while he's pulling on and off of the breast throughout the entire feeding! Talk about hell on earth. We both end up crying and he's still starving. To top it off he won't take a bottle either. So my poor baby is famished and I feel like a complete failure as a mother. I have no idea what to do since the bottle won't work either. When I pump I get tons of milk, which I've been freezing for when I go back to work but I have no idea how we're going to actually get it in him. I am so frustrated beyond belief right now that I could bash my head through a wall. Why does everything have to be so difficult?

0 comments:

Post a Comment