Tuesday, April 13, 2010

First Week Back

Can't say I'm happy to be back at work. The only thing I missed was my wonderful team, who are the most supportive, caring group of women you could ever ask for. I owe a lot to them! It's been a huge adjustment going from pseudo stay-at-home mommy to working mother. Lack of sleep, rushing through the morning, the stresses of work, and rushing to get home. Cook dinner. Bathe baby. Shower self. Go to sleep. Repeat. My first day was awful. I cried all day and had to really fight to hold it together in front of the kids. I was exhausted emotionally and physically and aching to be with Jackson. Today was much better. I went in with the attitude that I was just going to do my best and forget the rest, which made it much easier to get through the day. The only problem is that Jackson gets so worn out at the sitter that he falls asleep around 6pm! I'm hoping he'll stay up later once he adjusts to our hectic schedule. I just try and get as much cuddling in before he falls asleep as possible. As I write this he's snoozing in my arms while I type one-handed. Six and a half weeks left until summer and it can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! Bless your heart hun! I'm praying for you and know you are doing the best thing for your family, even though it's sooo hard! Let me know if you need anything! xo Jess

Jack & Lucy said...

Thanks so much Jess! I hope all is well with you and your family!

Post a Comment