Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baby Carrier Dilemma

So I think I finally decided on a baby carrier. After finding out that my Baby Bjorn is considered a "crotch dangler" and can cause spinal damage I knew I had to find something new. I've narrowed it down to the following:

1. Ergo Baby
Pros- A great carrier that can be used from newborn to toddlerhood and allows the child to face in or out. It consistently gets rave reviews and is the #1 bestseller in the US baby carrier market.
Cons- Needs a newborn insert until 4 months, babies can only face out when on your back, difficult to strap on by yourself, and hard to sit down in (I need this feature for when I start working for my dad).

2.  Babyhawk Mei Tai

Pros- stylish fabrics, the fit can be customized, the baby can be carried in front or on your back, no infant insert needed
Cons- you have to use long ties to fasten it, which can be tricky

3. Beco Butterfly 2


Pros- newborn to toddler, removable headrest, front and back carry
Cons- internal harness system is difficult to manuever, requires infant insert

So after much consideration, drumroll please, I've decided on the Babyhawk Mei Tai ! It has all of the features I'm looking for and is very stylish. I am currently bidding on this one on eBay- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180487912218&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment