Monday, March 1, 2010

Missing My Pregnancy

Belly Bump Three Days Before Delivery

I know it's weird, but I really miss being pregnant. There's just something so special and amazing about carrying a life inside of you. Growing Jackson into a healthy baby was such an all-consuming passion throughout my pregnancy. He was with me all day, every day and feeling his constant movements and every hiccup was truly miraculous. I still find it hard to believe that my body was capable of creating such an amazing, tiny person. Once he comes out things become much more scary. Suddenly you have so much to worry about that it quickly becomes overwhelming. I loved being pregnant and carrying around my baby bump. Chronicling my pregnancy was so exciting and when I look back it's crazy to see the changes my belly went through. There's such a build-up in anticipation for this little life with everyone involved in your life. The joy and expectation that surrounded his arrival was awesome- like the most amazing Christmas I ever had. I just hope I get to experience it again someday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment