Monday, November 22, 2010

New Holiday Traditions

I can't tell you how incredibly excited I am for Christmas this year! I haven't been this excited in years and I love it! Having a kid makes everything better, especially the holidays. I have so many wonderful memories of holiday traditions my parents did with us and I can't wait to pass these on to Jackson, as well as create some new ones. Here's a list of both the old and new that I plan on doing this year:

Oldies But Goodies
1. Baking and decorating cookies together as a family.
2. Driving around looking at Christmas lights.
3. Playing Christmas music and making a big to-do about hanging up all of the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving.
4. Hanging ornaments on the tree together.
5. Advent calendars.

New Traditions
1. Sprinkling "reindeer food" on the driveway to welcome Santa's reindeer.
2. Make a new photo ornament each year.
3. Make gingerbread houses.
4. Read a different holiday book each night before bed.
5. Take cookies to the local fire station on Christmas Eve.

What are your favorite holiday traditions?


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Ooh these are great ideas!

Post a Comment