Friday, March 20, 2009

The Time Travelers' Wife


Some books make me want to cry when I finish them. I live my life vicariously through them and when they're over it's like an entire chapter in my life has finished. This book did just that. The Time Traveler's Wife is so gorgeously written that you forget that the characters aren't real. Henry is a time traveler (I know it sounds strange but just go with it) who encounters a girl named Clare when she is only 6 years old. The book is about their life together and how they become intertwined through space and time. The characters are so richly drawn that they almost become family as their story unfolds. The book is a little bit romantic, sometimes suspenseful, and a filled with twinges of sadness. I couldn't put it down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment