Friday, March 20, 2009

Homemade Spaghetti Sauce


I love to cook and I think everything tastes much better when it's homemade and not out of a can or jar. I ran across this recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce last year and it has had a place on our table ever since. It is seriously easy to make and once you taste it you'll never go back to the stuff off of the shelf!


Ingredients:

1 big can of whole, peeled tomatoes (96 cents at Fresh and Easy)

1 onion cut in half

1/2 stick of butter (I prefer unsalted)


Combine all of the ingredients in a large sauce pan and place the onion cut-sides down in the pan. Simmer on medium-low heat until the sauce begins to thicken (30-45 minutes). Remove the onions and serve on top of pasta.


I usually start the sauce as soon as I walk in the door and go walk the dogs while it cooks because it does take a little bit of time to cook. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment