Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's a Boy!

At my fourteen week checkup I measured 6 weeks too big for my dates (I'm 14 weeks and I measured 20). So the doctor decided to send us in right away for a detailed ultrasound to determine if it's twins. We went in the next day and found out that it's just one baby (yeah!!) and it's a boy! I was extremely surprised to find out I'm carrying a boy because I hadn't even considered that option, but I've quickly started to get excited. My sister and I are going to be making his crib bedding using Amy Butler fabrics and we've been picking out nursery color schemes. I really don't like "themed" nurseries, so were going with a brown/blue/green color scheme. On Etsy.com the have awesome bedding using Amy Butler's fabrics and we're really excited! Oh, and the baby's name will be Jackson Ryan after my Great-Grandpa and Great-Uncle!

6 comments:

Mike and Haley said...

Congratulations, Johnson Family! I'm a fan of baby boys :) Love the name, too!

Sara White said...

Congrats Congrats...good updating! I love the name! We always said that if we had a boy(which we never will) we would name him Jackson but Jaxon. How exciting! You look great!

Ryan, Christy, and Landen said...

Thanks so much! We are starting to get very excited! :)

Carrie Ann said...

I am so glad you finally posted this! :) I didn't want to make any mention of a boy anywhere until you did and I got nervous I would slip up! So I can finally breath easier! Can't wait for baby Jackson and I have been looking into all the patterns. They actually look like they will be pretty easy! Now you just need to pick out the fabrics.. :)
Love you guy's! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Sara White said...

Random but....I just read water for elephants because you had reviewed it....it was great! I really enjoyed it so...thanks!

Ryan, Christy, and Landen said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I thought it was an amzing book! Have you read "The Time Traveler's Wife?" So good too!

Post a Comment