Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Baby Food Obsession!

So Jackson won't be starting solids until he's at least 6 months old (exclusively breastfeeding until this point reduces the chances of him developing allergies and diabetes, both of which run on Ryan's side), which is stil 3 1/2 months away. But that doesn't stop me from obsessing over all of the cool gadgets you can use to make your own baby food. I got the cookbook "Top 100 Baby Purees" and "Cooking for Baby."

One of my friends also got me the coolest cubes that you freeze food in, so now all I need is an amazing baby food maker like the Beaba Babycook. Technically you can just steam all the foods in your microwave and then puree them in a food processor. But the Beaba is so cute and it's all-in-one! Here are its features:

The Beaba Babycook™ (BPA-Free) Babyfood Maker is a one-of-a-kind, compact appliance that steams, purees, defrosts and re-heats the freshest, healthiest food for your baby. It enables parents to provide the best ingredients for their baby's food at a fraction of the cost of jarred foods! Not only does preparing baby's food save families money, it also drastically cuts down on packaging and waste.
Vegetables, fruits and meats steam in less than 15 minutes and retain their vitamins and flavors. After blending them to the desired consistency, parents can freeze extra portions and later use their Babycook to quickly defrost and reheat previously prepared food.


Amazing! I also love that it's BPA free (hard to find in plastic steamers) and easy to clean. For some reason I'm just enchanted with this machine, but not it's $150 price tag (absurd!). I'm on a mission to find one on eBay and I currently have my eye on one that is only at $0.99 right now! I'm also planting zucchini so that I can use them for Jackson's baby food! Some of the other foods I can't wait to make his first tastes are oatmeal (using steel cut oats), rice cereal (using brown rice instead of white), applesauce puree, and sweet pear puree. So fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment