Monday, January 25, 2010

Life as a Mom







It's been almost 2 weeks since Jackson arrived and I can't imagine life without him. These past two weeks have just flown by. It's mazing how completely your life does a 180 when your child arrives. It hasn't been easy. But it's been mine. Jackson is an amazing baby and we have been getting to know each other quickly. I am never without him and it's been trial and error to see what this little human being likes and dislikes. Likes- his sling, sleeping on daddy's chest, cuddling with mommy after eating, eating a LOT, and walking around to look at his new world. Dislikes- sleeping alone, laying on his back, being hungry, and being separated from mommy and daddy. Being a mom is the most amazing gift I've ever been handed, but it's also one of the hardest. I can't believe how much worry there is. Has he peed and pooped enough today? Is he eating enough? Am I making enough milk? Why won't he nurse? Every little sound he makes while sleeping makes me jump up to lean over and check on him. Being totally responsible for this amazing little life has changed everything about me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment