Saturday, December 4, 2010

Books I Love: The Gendarme

The Gendarme
The Gendarme by Mark T. Mustian

I have not been able to put this book down for the past two days. I've literally had to ration myself on the amounts I've read of it. It's rare that a books transports you to another time and place as fully as The Gendarme. I picked it up on a whim and now I can't imagine what it would be like not having read it. Some of the words I can think to describe: transcendent, heartbreaking, and overwhelming. Based on the events of the Armenian genocide of 1915, the book describes the forgotten memories of a gendarme and his struggle to place the puzzle-pieces of his lost past in place. Haven't heard of the Armenian genocide? Neither had I. It's one of those dirty secrets that mankind likes to hide in the attic of our minds. I promise, if you read this books you will be changed. Check it out.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

2 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

It is already on my TBR list!!!!

Kari said...

Sounds amazing. I can't believe you have time to read!
I'm a friend of ashley's (plus 3) she sent me your way.
New follower.
Www.loveluciblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment