Friday, January 9, 2009

Let the Wedding Planning Begin!!




So I've finally begun planning the wedding in earnest! It took me awhile to warm up to it with all of the stress going on at work (my advice- NEVER become a special ed teacher!!), but things have settled down and I'm ready for something to look forward to. I've ordered all of the paper for our save-the-dates and I'm making them myself, since I'm so picky and can't find anything that works for what I have in mind. I'm ordering the paper for the save-the-dates and invites from this great website that Carrie used for her own wedding called http://www.envelopemall.com/. They have fabulous papers and envelopes! Our colors are brown and burnt orange and we ordered a shimmery bronze and coppery orange color for the save-the-dates. I'm not going to say how we're going to assemble them because I want it to be a surprise! The next order of business is finding bridesmaid dresses. I'm stuck between using the dresses we wore for Carrie's wedding (strapless shimmery brown, knee length) or getting new ones. I found a gorgeous orange chiffon dress on sale at J. Crew, but I hate to make people spend unnecessary money. My bridesmaids are going to be Carrie, Sarah, and my mom so we already have the dresses! Let me know what you think! Tomorrow Carrie and I are going to the giant Bridal Expo at the Phoenix Convention center to hunt down vendors. Hopefully it will take the stress out of some of my planning!!

4 comments:

Carrie Ann said...

I had a lot of fun yesterday at the bridal show! :) I am so excited to help you plan too!
Love ya, Carrie

Kim said...

I am soooo excited for you Christy!!!! When is the wedding????? Are you registerd yet?

Jack & Lucy said...

The wedding is October 24, 2009. I'm sllowly but surely starting to pull it together! We registered for a few things at Target so far! Hope you guys are doing well in Chi-town!!

Jake and Lynn said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you found me! Congrats on the engagement and the upcoming wedding! I love planning wedding's, and if I know you, you will plan such an amazing day. I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well, I'll keep checking back from time to time.

Post a Comment